Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Google tools Reflection

In MIS course in Web 2.0 project, we required doing a presentation about Google tools; each student had to explain about one Google tool. I have learned from my colleagues' Google tools explanations and they were very useful. I will take about the most useful Google tools for me and the most that I use now ^^


GoOgle search:  
 
Google search has many tricks that make your search better. For example, If I want to limit the results to exactly what I want, I use the quotation “ ”  so what I write between these quotations will appear in the results. This very useful especially in my studying. Also Google search include Google features which they are very useful in our daily life like weather feature, we enter the name of the city and it temperature degree will appear.

Twitter:
After my colleague have explained about Twitter, I knew more about how I can use it like how to re tweet, reply and others since I am a new Twitter user. I use twitter to contact with my friends and people.

Facebook:
My colleague have explained about how we could create business card on Facebook. It was very beneficial explanation because Facebook is a very effective social network to promote your business. In future if I create my own business, I will know how to  promote it through Facebook.

Picasa:
Picasa is a very easy and interesting tool to edit pictures and videos. I use Picasa a lot to edit my pictures.

Google Chrome:

Now I use Google Chrome instead of Google, because it has many features like you can change the themes and download games and many other attractive features.

Google Reader:

Google reader from one of the most useful Google tools to me, because it allows you to get all the updates of your favorite sites in one page which is Google Reader instead of going to each site and check. Now, I can see all my friends’ blogs updates and edits and also my sites updates only with one click on Google Reader   

Google Calendar:

   
I learned how to use Google Calendar to set a reminder for my deadlines, so now with using Google Calendar I will not worry about forgetting my assessments deadlines.

Blogger:
I have learned how to create a blog, customize it, insert videos and pictures, how to add gadgets and other many things. Now I have my own blogger which is a very interesting thing because I can share my lovely times with my friends and other people.

GoOglSites:
Google sites offer you with the opportunity to share your information with people. I have learned how to create a site, add pages, adjust the navigation, choose a template and other things.

GoOgle Docs:
Google Docs allow you to create different kinds of online documents and work on them with people. It is the most useful Google tools specially in studying because it allows you to work with people online as if you set together. I learned how to insert a document into Google Docs and edit it then share it with people; also I learned how to create online presentation.

Gmail
I found Gmail better than Hotmail because it has many features. The most things I like about Gmail is that I can add my friends and contact with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment